BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

traveling thru Baca

Psalm 84:5-7
Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.
As they pass through the Valley of Baca,
they make it a place of springs;
the autumn rains also cover it with pools.
They go from strength to strength,
til each appears before God in Zion.


The Valley of Baca, a desolate place, dry, sadness, weary...we go in and out of it as we continue to press on towards knowing and loving the LORD more.  Not to be confused with James 1 that tells us about being tossed around like a man with a divided heart.  We have a choice in the valley to draw closer to the LORD and allow HIM to shine through us. The most amazing thing about the valley is.....others are watching us as we go through our trials, and they can see Jesus in us, even when we don't.  


On our pilgrimage, when the valleys seems to about crush us, we need to remember to ask HIM "what do you want me to learn here?" and praise HIM through it.  No its not a normal worldly thing, but we are not at home here, we belong to heaven...a heart on pilgrimage headed and pressing hard..traveling to our final destination..HOME. Traveling from strength to strength..


Lord, thanks for bringing me back here to remember the lessons you taught me in this.  I have a heart set on pilgrimage, this world is going to be uncomfortable to me, and at times i won't fit in here. But Heaven is my home, i belong to heaven...having a focus on the eternal, home with you, where this all started and will end...to a life without end, without tears, without broken hearts, without death.  


I so needed this scripture, it seemed to pull it all together for me. your princess whose heart is set on pilgrimage

4 comments:

Dale Hill said...

"The Valley of Baca, a desolate place, dry, sadness, weary..."

One of two things happen when we are in the desert: we either dry up and blow away, or we send our roots down deeper.

Seems to me Darla,you are sending your roots down deeper.

Darla said...

Dale-thanks! you know so many link the rough times with punishment and sin...and its not always like that..sometimes HE just walks us in the Valley of Baca to bring us closer, and so that we can be the springs that fill the place and bring ilfe to it..

Man i am missing you and Gracie!

Unknown said...

Princess, I will pilgrimage with you any day! I think you are in a very good place, and I see you not only sending your roots deeper but also preparing yourself for the next task that the Lord is putting together for you. I am right now asking Him the "what do you want me to learn here" so I'm right beside you sista fren... =)

Annie said...

"Baca" here comes from the word "bacah" meaning "weeping." I'm sure that fits in perfectly with the passage itself, and your application of it. The Valley of Weeping. It reminds me of a similar passage the Lord has comforted me with many times from Hoses 2. "And I will give her her vineyards from there, and offer her the valley of Achor (trouble) as a door of hope." I'm so glad He not only meets us in the valleys but takes our hand, walks us through it, and sticks close by us the whole way. What a loving Daddy.