BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Blogged Bible Study- Ephesians 1-our identity in Christ

I am part of a blogged Bible Study, to find other writers and the days which they post go here.


Ephesians 1:3-8 (NIV)
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he  predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will-to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding.


* we are blessed with every blessing in the heavenly realms-we have no reason to live in defeat!
* we are chosen to be holy and blameless in his sight-doesn't say in the worlds eyes, what HE thinks is most important
*we are adopted-into his family through what Christ did for us.
*we are redeemed-no reason to wear the reproach that the world continues to want us to wear.
*we are forgiven of our sin-does anyone not feel a joy with in knowing they are forgiven?
*we are loved-in his love for us he did this, and not just mildly...HE lavished it on us! Love that it was HIS great pleasure to do it!


If we would think on this each day, and apply it to our lives daily, wonder what kind of powerful, contented, and all round different our lives would look like.  I need to look at this lots! in my human-ness I tend to forget who I am in Christ, and the name Christ trumps all other names, so who I am in HIM, is definitely more important than what anyone else(including myself) may think of me, and you!

12 comments:

buffalopine said...

Awesome blog post! Thankyou so much for it. It was just what I needed to hear today.

Darla said...

Thank you Buffalopine! you prolly know the same as me...its a fight to believe we are who GOD says we are..but ahhhhh sweet Princes..we ARE! love ya!

Anonymous said...

Great reminder Darla. Much need reminder too...

And I love this new look. pretty cool.

Darla said...

brutha Ric we soon need a day at that cabin the weather is just right! Hope all is going well with you, still keeping you in my prayers, miss seeing you all!

This is a reminder for me as well as anyone else..great to see you here!

Dale said...

we are loved-in his love for us he did this, and not just mildly...HE lavished it on us!

"Lavished" is a strong and extravagant word. It is superabundantly above and far beyond any aspect of expectation or duty. Even the word "LAVISHED" falls short of the love He has toward us.
Bow before Him.

Darla said...

Dale- Amen! face down..

ckroboth@gmail.com said...

"*we are loved-in his love for us he did this, and not just mildly...HE lavished it on us! Love that it was HIS great pleasure to do it!"

To think that he loves us for pleasure... WOW...

Christ physically gave his body to us in love. The pouring out of his Blood is the most Lavish expression of love ever...

Awesome picture here sis.

Peace and love.

Darla said...

carl- thanks, this passage is near and dear to my heart, and when i think i can't possibly stay on this road, i come back here, and I know that I am more than a conquerer..because of this Lavish Love that is HIS great pleasure to give me.

Overwhelming Love!

Anonymous said...

Alright miss truth-stater-now-go-live-it person.... I LOVE this.... You always pull out and present in a beautiful way. A much needed word for me today....

You're right, I get way too wrapped up in others thoughts of me, including my own... I love that we can always change tomorrow what we learn today.

Love you Miss P! =)

Darla said...

thanks Debs! this is definitely a word for me as much as anyone..love you, praying hard for you!

Anonymous said...

Good post. I too think this is something we should read and absorb everyday. Like your new blog page.

Darla said...

Char- thanks for stopping and commenting, i must admit i need this everyday..

Life comes at us fast, we best know who we are! *wink*
hoping to get around to all the blogs soon, my life is moving at the speed of light..